We appreciate you considering and pursuing the SHLD components as it is our goal to offer the best products for your barrel maintenance and cleaning needs. So now that you've purchased your components, here's a step-by-step guide regarding how to clean your barrel systems.
FIRST, THE TOOLS
Maintaining a clean barrel system comes down to the fundamentals, the right tools.
Cleaning Rod Kit
Cleaning Swab and Brush Kit
Cleaner Lubricant Preservative (CLP) of your choice
LET'S JUMP RIGHT IN
1. Check that the chamber is clear and ensure the firearm is safe to handle.
2. Following the original owner's manual provided by the firearm manufacturer, disassemble the firearm and remove the barrel system.
3. Attach the barrel system to the catch kit at the attachment end.
4. Using your CLP, spray into the barrel to dislodge and remove large debris. Don't worry about the solvent making a mess as it's now all contained in the catch kit.
5. Using the cotton swabs, clean the chamber of all residue and dirt.
6. Depending on how dirty the bore of your barrel is, use the appropriate cleaning tool from brushes to swabs to dislodge and clean the system. Remember continue using CLP while cleaning the bore to ensure proper lubrication.
7. Congratulations, you are now done cleaning your barrel and the end results should look like a brand new bore.
8. Finally, detach the catch kit from your barrel and appropriately dispose of the cleaning solvents in an environmentally friendly manner.